In this Outdoor Recreation video tutorial you will learn how to abseil (decend) in rock climbing. You will need some friction device for this purpose. Earlier people used to wrap the rope around their body and used the body as the friction device. That is a painful process. In the modern method, a figure 8 friction plate is used. There should be no jewelry or other hanging material around the body that can get entangled with the figure 8 plate. Also check the harness is OK. Then carefully go over the edge and get your balance right. Maintaining friction on the friction device and allowing a little bit of rope through it at a time go down the wall of the rock. You can walk down or do short bounces off the face of the rock.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades