Ali Alami with Fit Climb demonstrates how to get in shape for mountaineering. You can do these exercises in a park or at home. Your core and lower body are important in mountaineering. First, find a wet, wood bench that is four to six inches off of the ground. Do step ups to work your quadriceps and glutes. Balance briefly on one leg and then bring the other leg up. You can also do side steps. Step downs help you get you used to gravity. Calf raises are also helpful. To strengthen your core use boat and crunch exercises. Planks, squat jumps and pushups will also help develop your strength. Balance exercises are also very important so you don't hurt yourself when navigating crevasses. Do the exercises with a medium weight backpack. Run up and down hills for a great cardiovascular exercise. Remember to stretch and cool down before and after your exercise. Vary your workout and take hikes on weekends.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades