In this how-to video, you will learn the basics of walking in crampons in the North Cascades. Put on your crampons if you expect ice. If the snow is soft, you can kick-step in. Make sure you have two points of contact. Use your ice axe in the snow and then step and kick. Lift and place the ice axe in front of you and step and kick in. Keep on doing this. Another technique you can do is step side ways along with the axe. It is the same process except stepping sideways instead. Make sure all the teeth of the crampons catch the snow. For walking down, place your heels down first. If it is icy, you can pigeon toe up. This means the toes are sticking outside. This video shows you great tips in using crampons for walking in snow.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades